<$BlogRSDURL$>

.....my life lies in those eyes that have me slain
 

Monday, February 07, 2005

Another weekend gone by...



...and it was just as bland as its predecessors. My next group exams are coming up in April, and the mathematics subject is giving me a real tough time. Results of my Jan exams are out. Nothing to boast about...a measly 67% :(. I had really studied hard but a few questions were out of the prescibed syllabus! So this time around, I've decided to go through the entire books, though not sure if I'd have that time!

Talking about time, these days I'm having no sense of time at all! I marvel at the way 2004 just zoomed past! And even January 2005 is history now! A few days more and dad will fly back to the occident. A best friend of mine, N, is doing her MBA here and she's been placed in Chennai. She'd leave on Feb 14th. So that leaves me alone again. While she was here, it was some support for me; used to go to her place and pour my heart out. We've been friends ever since our childhood. Actually it was our trio of N, NL and me. I am the most emotional and sentimental one among the three. At times, I myself find it tough to believe how sensitive I can get. So sensitive that survival in this world feels like a struggle sometimes. Things which others would pass off as a joke or something trivial hurts me profoundly. Howevermuch I try, can't seem to rid myself of this painful trait.

Come Thursday and we would have a new place to call our home. The house we've resided in for 8 eight years would no longer be ours. There...me going the senti way again! Is this quite a natural emotion or am I the odd one out? Stayed in Orissa for 16 years and when I was leaving that place forever, I nearly cried myself dry! But then it's not that I'm materialistic...just get attached to something I set my heart on, very quickly...

My post today doesn't seem to make much sense...does it? This is the place where I can think aloud, where I can shed all pretence and be my true self. If I have been able to live life to this day, it is only because of my Lord, specifically Lord Hanuman, who has never for once proved my blind faith in Him wrong. It was He who made and sent my Ji to me. He works little miracles in my life every now and then; miracles which are truly inexplicable and reinforce my faith in Him. Even if Ji decides to walk away from me someday, I know for a fact that the Ji I loved and the Ji who loved me beyond all limits is within me, very much unified with my soul; and no one, including my Lord, can take this Ji away from me ever.

HELP Telethon was organized yesterday in Mumbai for the benefit of the Tsunami victims. A very humane gesture from the Indian Film Industry in this time of crisis. The death toll has risen to a whopping 2,94,000. Can't even start to imagine how the survivors will rebuild their world again. I feel they are survivors only in the physical sense; they are mentally battered, their confidence levels at the lowest, with all their loved ones lost. Yesterday NDTV reported that 9 survivors were found deep in the jungles of Great Nicobar islands, 40 days after the disaster struck. The tribals took care of them. This has rekindled hope in many a heart that people who mean the most to them would soon return home...


Comments:

Being sensitive may be a lil painful sometimes , but only the very clear hearted are capable of it.And the cause of the pain is not your sensitivity but the insensitivity of the world around you.so be what you are.
# posted by Blogger Abhi : Monday, February 07, 2005  


Hmmm.....it's nice to have a faith. Whether in God, aliens, yourself, science or whatever, everyone needs something to believe in.....which reminds me, I need to find my own :D.
# posted by Blogger Darth Midnightmare : Tuesday, February 08, 2005  


just_me, ur msg has deeply touched me...but it hurts a lot, sometimes it just pulverizes the heart. still, u r right...!

johnny, faith does work wonders, be it faith on God, urself or nething else!
# posted by Blogger Vidhi : Tuesday, February 08, 2005  


Post a Comment
Thought for the Day
What is yours will remain yours, even when it is not with you.

About Me
24 year-old female Arian. wheatish complexion, long hair, slender frame. After being a citizen of the world an Indian to the core

Fav Books: The Alchemist, Harry Potter
Fav Movie: The eternal Titanic
Fan of: Salman Khan, the English language
Fav line: When you want something very badly, the entire universe conspires to help you have it. [The Alchemist]


Favourite Haunts

Blogs I Read
The Past


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?