<$BlogRSDURL$>

.....my life lies in those eyes that have me slain
 

Monday, April 25, 2005

A Pyrrhic Victory



Mom won. She's visibly jubilant. Since the judgement has been out, she's been busy attending to friends & relatives who keep calling to congratulate her. And also in doing whatever she told the Gods she would do, if she won the case.

Apparently, it's slipped her mind that she's won only the case, not dad. In fact, this Pyrrhic victory seems to have propelled her farther away from her husband. My heart swells with emotion when I think of the moment this sadistic reality will dawn on her. She's so positive at the moment that she dreams of performing my kanya daan with dad...how I wish I could nullify all her pain in a jiffy...by bringing her husband back to her...

As for dad, he's all the more vexed. Says the failure of the case has caused him immense problems, that mom has always made things difficult for herself & continues to do so, that he isn't sure when he can come to India next. All this doesn't augur well for the coming times.

Well, nothing is in my control. The situation cannot be altered at all. Most importantly, I dont want all this to make me go weak in the knees. I wish to be stronger & to not inflict misery upon myself by thinking of nonsensical & baseless stuff. I want to empathise with the not-so-fortunate people around me but not get weaker myself, in the process. Only, how long I can carry on with this resolve is to be seen.

May God grant strength to mom & dad to face the negative side of the judgement.


Comments:

God Bless.
# posted by Blogger Vaibhav : Monday, April 25, 2005  


reading ur post i realised that it is obviously the post of a person who has been thinking abt the implications of both "victory" & "defeat" and one who has realised that there really is no "victory" to be had, in the short term at least.

frankly ur summarisation of the situation is excellent. as usual the devil lies in the developments that will inevitably occur over weeks, months, years. how well u can keep in mind this post in the day-to-day challenges that confront u will ultimately determine whether u remain strong or in ur words "go weak in the knees". it will also determine how best u can support those that are in need of the support.

all the best and may God be with all of u.
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous : Monday, April 25, 2005  


thanks a ton for ur support guyz...
# posted by Blogger Vidhi : Tuesday, April 26, 2005  


Post a Comment
Thought for the Day
What is yours will remain yours, even when it is not with you.

About Me
24 year-old female Arian. wheatish complexion, long hair, slender frame. After being a citizen of the world an Indian to the core

Fav Books: The Alchemist, Harry Potter
Fav Movie: The eternal Titanic
Fan of: Salman Khan, the English language
Fav line: When you want something very badly, the entire universe conspires to help you have it. [The Alchemist]


Favourite Haunts

Blogs I Read
The Past


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?